Sep 14, 2015

Tradecraft: Jennifer Lawrence Circles Red Sparrow

Deadline reports that the biggest female star in the world is kicking the tires of a spy movie. And not just any spy movie! Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men: First Class, American Hustle) is reportedly contemplating re-teaming with her Hunger Games: Catching Fire director Francis Lawrence for Fox's long in the works adaptation of Jason Matthews' debut novel Red Sparrow. Red Sparrow was my favorite new spy novel of recent years, and I dearly want to see this movie happen. Several high profile actress/director teams have been attached at one time or another, including Natalie Portman and Darren Aronofsky and Rooney Mara and David Fincher. I can picture both of those actresses in the role of Russian SVR agent Dominika Egorova more than I can Lawrence, but the actress I actually pictured throughout reading both Red Sparrow and its decidedly lesser sequel, Palace of Treason, is Olga Kurylenko. Still, I think Lawrence is a phenomenal talent, and I'm sure she can transform herself into the role. I would love to see this happen!

No comments: