Jan 31, 2012

Trailer: The Cold Light of Day

Hm, this one seems to have slipped by me completely throughout the production process. Weird! Or maybe I did post a Tradecraft item about it at some point; the title sounds kind of familiar. And bad. Boy, is that a bad title: The Cold Light of Day? That said, the movie looks potentially cool, and I did like the director's previous film, JCVD. But the trailer's also frustrating. Can you really put Bruce Willis in a cool, actiony spy trailer and then pull the rug out from under us and tell us he's not the hero? And that, adding insult to injury, Henry Cavill is? I don't think Willis is so old yet that he has to assume the father role in action movies! Maybe Cavill won't be so bad; right now my assessment of him is based solely on the mostly awful Immortals. Hopefully he takes this opportunity to show that that one was a fluke. But those gripes aside (along with the minor gripe that Sigourney Weaver seems to be playing the exact same role that she played in Abduction and speaking the same lines, too), this looks to be a Takenesque spy movie set in Europe, and European locations always win me over. It does look pretty cool...

No comments: