Dec 15, 2010

More New Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Pictures
First looks at Simon Pegg and Paula Patton in character

They were flying fast and furious early in the fall, but it's been a while now since we've seen new set pictures from the eagerly anticipated fourth Mission: Impossible movie.  This week, Accidental Sexiness (via Dark Horizons) rectifies that by offering us our first glimpses of returning IMF techie Simon Pegg and new agent Paula Patton in action in Vancouver.  That's right, Pegg, who spent all of his Mission: Impossible III screentime in a computer lab, actually goes on location this time around... though he seems to just be the Guy in the Van.  (But that's appropriate for his character.)  The site also has pictures of Tom Cruise braving the chilly weather in a tight white tank top, if you're into that sort of thing. (I hope there's good reason for Ethan Hunt to be dressed that way in the film.) 

Besides Cruise, Pegg and Patton, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (formerly known as Mission: Impossible 4 or M:I-4) stars Ving Rhames, Jeremy Renner, Josh HollowayMichael Nyqvist, Anil Kapoor, Vladimir Mashkov and Lea Seydoux. Brad Bird (The Incredibles) directs and J.J. Abrams (M:I-III, Alias, Undercovers) is producing. While I didn't initially care for the first two films in this franchise, I did like the third one (and have grown to like the first, despite its awful perversion of the far superior TV series on which its based), and I'm really excited for this next entry.  This and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy are definitely the two spy movies I'm most looking forward to in 2011. (Did you see that cool indoor ski slope that's being featured in M:I-GP? What a great spy location!) I can't wait.

No comments: